What is WakeNetwork?
WakeNetwork is a platform that provides digital services to alumni, parents, families, students, and friends of Wake Forest. You can connect with fellow Wake Foresters, update your personal information for the directory, view your giving history, and more.
How do I login to WakeNetwork?
- Go to wakenetwork.wfu.edu
- Click the button that reads “Access your Network with Google”.
- Complete your sign-in to your Google account
- Select your relationship to Wake Forest.
- Enter your first & last name and click “Search.”
- Below you will see a list of Wake Foresters that matches your name input. Select the one that represents you to begin verifying your identity.
- Based on the information we have on file for you, you may be able to verify your identity in several ways:
- Last four digits of your SSN, or
- Wake Forest ID number (for faculty/staff, recent graduates, students, parents of students)
- Deacon token, or
- Email address confirmation.
- Once you have successfully verified your identity, agree to the terms of service by checking the box beside “I agree to the Terms of Service.” Then, click “Go to my account” to enter WakeNetwork.
How do I use my Deacon Token to login?
Complete steps 1 – 6 in the list above. When you arrive at the page to enter the last four of your SSN, click the link, “I’d rather enter my Wake Forest assigned ID # or my Deacon Token.”
Enter your token in the field provided. (Note: this is case sensitive and should not contain spaces), and click “Next.” Then, accept the Terms of Service, and click “Go to my account” to access WakeNetwork!
Who can use WakeNetwork?
Only authorized users who have a pre-existing relationship with Wake Forest can access WakeNetwork. If you are the spouse of a Wake Forest alumnus/a, parent, student, or friend, you are also eligible to use WakeNetwork. If you are still uncertain, please reach out to the Records Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
How does WakeNetwork manage data privacy?
You can manage the visibility of your information as you see fit. When you indicate a piece of data is private, that information will be excluded from qualifying you in searches and will no longer be visible to other Wake Foresters viewing your profile. If for some reason you are not able to manage your information as you so choose, please contact the WakeNetwork team at email@example.com, and they will assist you.
How can I change my privacy settings?
Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions on how to change the privacy of your information in Wake Network.
Why can’t I find someone who I know graduated from Wake Forest?
WakeNetwork is designed to be an exhaustive directory of Wake Foresters. However, in rare cases, individuals have requested that they be invisible to other uses in WakeNetwork.
Why does WakeNetwork require Google?
WakeNetwork leverages Google for identity management, thereby allowing you to avoid having to create another username and password. You can access WakeNetwork via any Google account that you maintain. At this time, Google is the only identity manager accepted for use in WakeNetwork.
Why isn’t there an app for this?
We’re working on that! In the meantime, iPhone users can log in to WakeNetwork in Safari, tap the “Share” icon, then tap “Add to Home Screen”. Tap “Add” and a new icon for WakeNetwork will appear on your home screen!
Tips/Tricks to Searching the Directory
- You can search the directory by: name, city/state, class year, employer, job skills, and affinity groups. Searches for alumni can also use academic program, area of study (department), and student clubs and organizations.
- You can search for someone’s name, their nickname, or their name when they attended Wake Forest.