What is the WakeNetwork?
The WakeNetwork is a platform that provides digital services to alumni, parents, students, and friends of Wake Forest.
How do I login to WakeNetwork?
- Go to wakenetwork.wfu.edu
- Click the button that reads “Access your Network with Google”.
- Complete your sign-in to your Google account
- Select your relationship to Wake Forest.
- Input your first & last name and click next
- Below you will see a list of Wake Foresters that matches your name input. Select the one that represents you to begin verifying your identity.
- Enter the requested information to verify your identify. Note: this is case sensitive and should not contain spaces.
- When you click “next” the page will refresh and you will be logged into WakeNetwork.
How do I use my Deacon Token to login?
Complete steps 1 – 6 in the list above. When you arrive at the screen to enter the last four of your SSN, select the link “I’d rather enter my Wake Forest assigned ID # or my Deacon Token.”
Enter your token in the field provided. Once you see the green check indicating your token has been accepted, hit Next, accept the Terms of Service, and then click the button to go to your account!
Who can use the WakeNetwork?
Only authorized users who have a pre-existing relationship with Wake Forest can access WakeNetwork. If you are the spouse of a Wake Forest alumua/a, parent, student, or friend you are also eligible to use WakeNetwork. If you are still uncertain, please reach out to the Records Department with questions.
How does WakeNetwork manage data privacy?
You can manage the visibility/accessibility of their information as you see fit. When you indicate a piece of data is private, that information will be excluded from qualifying you in searches and will no longer be visible to other Wake Foresters viewing your profile. If for some reason you are not able to manage your information as you so choose, please contact the WakeNetwork team and they will assist you.
Why can’t I find someone that I know graduated from Wake Forest?
WakeNetwork is designed to be an exhaustive directory of Wake Foresters. However, in rare cases, individuals have requested that they be invisible to other uses in WakeNetwork.
Why does WakeNetwork require Google?
WakeNetwork leverages Google for identity management, thereby allowing you to avoid having to create another username and password. You can access WakeNetwork via any Google account that you maintain. At this time, Google is the only identity manager accepted for use in WakeNetwork.
Why isn’t there an app for this?
We’re working on that! In the meantime, iPhone users can login to WakeNetwork in Safari, tap the “Share” button, then click “Add to Home Screen”. Click “add” and you’re all set!
Tips/Tricks to Searching the Directory
- You can search the directory using the following parameters: name, city/state, class year, employer, job skills, and affinity groups. Searches for alumni can also use educational program, educational department, and student clubs & organizations.
- Name fields search against all known names for a given individual: current name, attend name, nickname, etc.