We’re always looking for new Pro Humanitate Days event leaders to help spread the spirit of service across the globe. If you’re interested in organizing a Pro Humanitate Days event, below are some items to consider:
- What cause (or causes) have the most pressing need(s) in your area?
- Does the organization you’re looking to assist require training for volunteers?
- Is there a minimum age that volunteers must be? (ie, is this a family-friendly volunteer opportunity, or adults only?)
- Are there other Pro Humanitate Days events in your area that may conflict with your event?
- Will the organization be able to accommodate a wide-range of skill levels?
- Is there a minimum/maximum number of volunteers who are able to serve at one time?
- Will volunteers need to provide specific equipment or tools?
- Is there a monetary contribution required by the organization for a group volunteer opportunity?
- Does the organization have a Wake Forest connection? Be that a staff member, board member, or volunteer who is a Wake Forester, this extra connection to the organization is a special opportunity for your Community to support both a fellow Wake Forester and a great organization!
If you have additional questions about organizing an event, please reach out to John Champlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.