Hit the Bricks 2021
Join Wake Forest alumni, families, and friends all over the world by participating in Hit the Bricks 2021! On Thursday, September 30 teams of students, faculty, and staff will run around Hearn Plaza racing to see who can accumulate the most laps over the day. Teams also earn laps through raising money for the Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund.
Alumni, families and friends of Wake Forest are encouraged to participate virtually on a team of one, a regional team, or by forming a team based on your shared Wake Forest experience! So lace up those shoes Deacs (even if they are size 18.34 like the Deacon himself) and let’s Hit the Bricks for Brian!
Follow these three easy steps to register:
1. Pay your registration fee
2. Join a team (or form your own)
3. Download Strava to your mobile device
The Deacon is in the Details:
- The event runs from 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, September 25 through 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 30.
- Teams can be up to 30 people. If your team is full, create a new team and start recruiting! Teams will have access to their own team fundraising page.
- $20 per individual to register with your registration fee going toward the Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund. Registering also creates an individual fundraising page. Your registration also includes a Hit the Bricks t-shirt.
- Walking and running miles will be tracked using Strava.
- Individuals can fundraise to earn additional miles.
- A winning team will be selected for earning the most miles and a winning team will be selected for raising the most money.
Alumni Team Leaderboard