Hit the Bricks 2020
Join Wake Forest Alumni all over the world by participating in Hit the Bricks 2020! This event typically features teams of students, faculty, and staff running around Hearn Plaza racing to see who can accumulate the most laps over the day. Teams also earn laps through raising money for the Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund.
This year, as the event goes virtual, alumni are encouraged to participate on a team of one, join a regional team, or form a team based on your shared Wake Forest experience! So lace up those shoes Deacs (even if they are size 18.34 like the Deacon himself) and let’s Hit the Bricks for Brian!
The Deacon is in the Details:
- The event runs from September 28 through October 1.
- Teams can be up to 15 people. If your team is full, create a new team and start recruiting! Teams will have access to their own team fundraising page. Need ideas for a team? Here are some examples:
-Class of 1990
-Flow House Alumni
-WFU Marching Band (SOTOGAB) Alumni Drum Majors
-Babcock Basement 1988
-Sigma Pi Alumni
-Wake Washington Participants
- $20 per individual to register with your registration fee going toward the Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund. Registering also creates an individual fundraising page.
- Walking and running miles will be tracked using Strava.
- Any team that surpasses 100 miles over the course of the event will get 25 bonus points. Individuals can fund-raise to earn additional points.
Extra Credit if you:*
- Secure donations for the Brian Piccolo Fund from friends and family.
- Commit to give $x per mile that you run/walk over the four days.
*We know you aren’t in school any more and your GPA isn’t going to change now. But who doesn’t love extra credit?
Alumni Team Leaderboard