Log into your WFU Alumni Gmail account at: http://mail.google.com/a/alumni.wfu.edu using your full alumni email address as the username. Your initial password is the same as your last used WIN password, and is the same password you use to access WakeNetwork.
If you’ve forgotten your username or password for WakeNetwork , please visit https://wakenetwork.wfu.edu and click on the “Forgot username or password?” link. (When prompted to enter your email address, please submit the email address where you normally receive communication from Wake Forest, not your @alumni.wfu.edu address.)
Changing your password in WakeNetwork will also change your password for your @alumni.wfu.edu Gmail account. It may take up to one hour for your Gmail password to receive the update from WakeNetwork. To change your password follow these steps:
- Visit https://wakenetwork.wfu.edu
- Log in with your WakeNetwork credentials
- Click on “View/edit your profile”
- Navigate down to the “Self-Service” section of your profile
- Click on “Change my password”
Information for Graduating Seniors:
Please register for your WFU Alumni Gmail Account using WakeNetwork, Wake Forest University’s new alumni portal. During the registration process, you will be able to choose your User ID. This User ID will become the prefix to your new Alumni Gmail Account: [User ID]@alumni.wfu.edu.
- Visit wakenetwork.wfu.edu
- Click on “New User? Register now »“
- Complete the registration form as indicated (If you want an Alumni Gmail Account, make sure you select “Yes” for the “Create Gmail Account“).
- Once all fields are filled out properly, the “Register” button will appear.
- Your registration will be reviewed by the alumni office and you will be notified by email regarding your account status.
The WFU Alumni Gmail account is a great opportunity for you to maintain a Wake Forest email address after graduation. Your alumni Gmail account will be an email account with access to Google Drive and all of Gmail’s standard functions. This means you have the opportunity to transfer your existing @wfu.edu content (messages, files, contacts) to your new @alumni.wfu.edu account before your @wfu.edu account is deleted 60 days after commencement.
Wake Forest will continue to send official communications (including commencement details) to your student Gmail account until it is deleted. To eliminate the need for you to check multiple accounts, we highly recommend you set up automatic forwarding from your student account to your new alumni Gmail account. This forwarding will only remain active until your student account is deleted 60 days after Commencement. Follow the steps below to enable this option.
1. Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of your WFU Student Google Mail screen and select “Settings”
2. Then click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
3. Click “Add a Forwarding Address” in the “Forwarding” section
4. Enter your @alumni.wfu.edu email address and click “Next”
5. Double check that you have correctly entered your WFU Alumni Gmail address and click “Proceed”
6. Refresh the page
7. Select the “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” option and make sure your @alumni.wfu.edu address is listed in the first drop-down menu
8. In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages, such as “keep Wake Forest’s copy in the Inbox” or “archive Wake Forest’s copy”
9. Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
How do I move my existing @wfu.edu email messages to my new @alumni.wfu.edu account?
There are a few options available for transferring your existing emails. Please review the following chart and then select the option you prefer for further instructions.
[table id=1 /]
How do I transfer my contacts from my @wfu.edu account?
Step One: Export your Gmail Contacts – When exporting contacts from your student Google account, be sure to use the Google CSV format. This makes it easy to import them into your Alumni account.
Step Two: Import your Gmail Contacts – Now you can use the CSV you have created to import your contacts into your Alumni Google account.
Can I share my @wfu.edu Google Drive Files with my new @alumni.wfu.edu account?
Yes! We know your files are important to you and you may want to access them after commencement. In order for you to access your files after your @wfu.edu account is deleted, follow these simple steps:
1. Select the files you want to share in your student account
2. Right-click or use the “More” menu and select “Share”
3. Share the files with your @alumni.wfu.edu account
4. Log into your @alumni.wfu.edu account and open Google Drive
5. Select all of the files you just shared, and right-click or use the “More” menu to select “Make a Copy”
**”Make a Copy” will create a copy of each of these documents that are now owned by your @alumni.wfu.edu account. If you do not Make a Copy, the file will be deleted from your @alumni.wfu.edu account when your @wfu.edu account is deactivated 60 days after Commencement.**
How long do I have to transfer my information to the new account?
Your current @wfu.edu account will be deleted 60 days after commencement. You must transfer any contacts, messages, and file ownership before that time. You will receive additional emails and reminders from IS before the 60 days are over and your account is deleted.
Help! I can’t access my alumni account! Who should I contact?
Please contact Kathleen Garber (email@example.com or 336.758.4067) in the Office of Alumni Engagement for assistance with your account and/or password.
I graduated prior to 2014, how do I get a Google @alumni.wfu.edu account?
If you previously had an Email Forwarding for Life (EFFL) address, your address has been converted to a Google @alumni.wfu.edu account. Non-EFFL users can request a WFU Alumni Gmail account when they apply for access to WakeNetwork.