Dining with the Deacs: November
December 6th, 2012
Last Thursday students and alumni gathered in the home of Dave (’77) and Lucia Rosenblatt for dinner and discussion as a part of the Dining with the Deacs program. The dinner’s discussion was entitled “To Go or Not to Go? Do I Really Need Graduate School?”
Dave Rosenblatt majored in Business in his time at Wake Forest, and is now Vice President/Connectivity Specialist at Salem Group Inc. His wife Lucia is a Broker at Prudential Carolinas Reality. Friends of the Rosenblatt’s, Chris (’81) and Cindy (’82) Sheaffer, attended as guests. Chris Sheaffer majored in Psychology, and is now a Psychologist at Tricare. Cindy Sheaffer majored in Anthropology, and is now Editorial Director at Northstar Travel Media. Students Mandy Emery (’13), Santiago Londono (’14), and Victoria White (’12) participated in the dinner.
Victoria White (’12) shared her thoughts on the dinner with us:
1. What made you want to attend and participate in a Dining with the Deacs dinner? I am looking for more networking opportunities.
2. What was one thing you learned from the evening? Not anything in particular about my field, but it was great learning about the experiences of the alumni at Wake Forest.
3. What was the best part? The best part was the conversations!
4. What would you tell alumni considering whether to host a dinner or not? They provide an indispensible perspective for students!
5. What would you tell students considering whether to attend a future dinner or not? What do they have to lose?
We are looking forward to offering more Dining with the Deacs opportunities in the Spring.